The Dental Digest Institute
Meet the team!
The Founder – A Proud Dental Geek
Dr. Melissa Seibert is the creator and host of the Dental Digest podcast and now the CEO of Dental Digest Institute. Within just one year of starting this podcast, Dental Digest has become a chart-topping and award winning global podcast.
She is also a dentist proudly practicing in the United States Air Force. As a dentist in the Air Force, she has multiple additional duties such as infection control officer, radiology officer, safety officer and continuing education officer. She is also passionate about fitness and is her unit’s physical fitness leader. As an athlete, she has run over 5 marathons and 4 half marathons.
She received her Doctorate of Medicine in Dentistry at the University of Louisville. While at the University of Louisville she was awarded the Academy of Osseointegration’s Outstanding Student in Implant Dentistry Award. Prior to that she received her Bachelors in Science and commission as an Officer in the United States Air Force from the U.S. Air Force Academy. During her time at the Air Force Academy she was among only 7 cadets per semester to be selected to attend a semester at the United States Military Academy (West Point). She was recently awarded Company Grade Officer of the Quarter at the Wing level for Goodfellow Air Force Base. This is a distinction given to only one company grade officer on a base with over 10,000 people.
Dr. Seibert is a graduate of the United State’s Air Force’s Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD). She is well trained in disciplines and procedures such as IV sedation, complex third molar exodontia, limited orthodontics, biomimetic dentistry, periodontal surgeries (such as crown lengthening, flap osseous, guided tissue regeneration) and esthetic dentistry.
Dr. Seibert graduated from the Alleman’s Biomimetic Mastership Course in March of 2021. She now serves as a board member for the Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry.
She is seeking to be the best dentist possible and is presently a resident in Air Force’s highly competitive two-year AEGD.
She believes that women belong in STEM. During her undergraduate education at the U.S. Air Force Academy she excelled in courses such as Aeronautical Engineering, Astronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Physics and Calculus. It’s pretty safe to assume she’s just a big nerd.
Dr. Melissa Ratliff Seibert
- Dr Tony Kuo, MD, M.S.H.S.Dr. Kuo is the Director of the Division of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention in the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. He also serves as the Director of the Office of Senior Health for the County of Los Angeles. Dr. Kuo has more than 15 years of clinical practice experience in continuity, urgent/emergency, and homeless shelter care.
- Dr. Abhishek Patel, DDS, MSDr. Abhishek Patel is a specialist in Periodontics and Implant Surgery. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Periodontotology and former professor at the University of Louisville school of dentistry. He received his bachelor of dental surgery from the Dental College at Bhavnagar University, his Masters in Oral Biology at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry
- Dr. Adamo NotarantonioDr. Adamo was accredited by American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry in 2011. He is the only Accredited Fellow in New York State, and the 80th person worldwide to achieve this honor. He was further honored by the Academy when asked to serve as a consultant and examiner for the Accreditation and Fellowship processes. In 2016, he was awarded the AACD’s Rising Star Award.
- Dr. Alex VolchonokDr. Alex Volchonok is a dual Ivy-League trained Board-Certified Periodontist and Oral Implantologist with advanced training in minimally-invasive surgical and laser periodontal therapy procedures. Dr. Volchonok graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, at the top of his class with over 10 clinical awards in Periodontics, Implant Dentistry, and Prosthodontics.
- Dr. Anthony MennitoDr. Anthony Mennito, is an Associate Professor at the Medical University of South Carolina, College of Dental Medicine. He presently serves as the Division Director for digital dentistry, leads pre-clinical CAD/CAM training and oversees the CAD/CAM and Esthetic clinics at the University. He is a renowned international lecturer and published 17 papers on the topics of digital dentistry and dental materials.
- Dr. Brett GilbertDr. Brett Gilbert is currently a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Endodontics at the University of Illinois-Chicago, College of Dentistry and on staff at Presence Resurrection Medical Center in Chicago. He served as President of the Illinois Association of Endodontists in 2011 and as President of the Northwest Side Branch of the Chicago Dental Society in 2013-2014.
- Dr. Calin PopDr. Pop hosts multiple intensive live courses which teach dentists about Anterior and respectively Posteriors rehabilitation with ceramics. Dr. Pop is the creator of the globally renowned Rubber Dam Master’s Course. He is a restorative esthetic dentist working in one of the most renowned dental clinics in Abu Dhabi. Prior to this, he was the founder and owner of the Romanian Clinic, Dentimed,
- Dr. Davey AllemanDr. Davey Alleman currently practices in Provo, Utah with his father Dr. David Alleman with a focus on biomimetic dentistry. He is an instructor for the Alleman Biomimetic Mastership program and is passionate to improve dental outcomes through minimally invasive biomimetic dentistry. He has been published in Journal of Operative Dentistry and Inside Dentistry. Follow his instagram at @davey_alleman_dmd.
- Dr. David Alleman, Sr., DMDDr. David S. Alleman is renowned as the co-founding pioneer of the of Biomimetic dental movement.He has published articles on advanced adhesive techniques that focus on caries detection, increasing long-term bond durability, stress reduction and tooth conservation. He and his son Davey Alleman founded the Alleman Biomimetic Mastership Program. He has mentored over 500 dentists worldwide.
- Dr. David AttiaDr. David Attia completed his dental degree at Griffith University, Queensland. Following graduation, David has attended numerous post-graduate courses and education programs. David has completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics through City of London Dental School, and is now a clinical instructor for dentists completing the diploma through EODO, Australia.
- Dr. David RudoDAVID N. RUDO, DDS, was featured on episode 46 of the Dental Digest Podcast. He is the inventor of Ribbond. Ribbond is a polyethylene fiber with a wide array of applications in dentistry. In Biomimetic Dentistry, Ribbond is often used to prevent failure of composite resin restorations.
- Dr. Domenico RicucciDr Ricucci has published 110 papers and has lectured both nationally and internationally. He has authored the Textbook and Atlas “Patologia e Clinica Endodontica”, the textbook and atlas “Endodontology. An integrated biological and clinical view”
- Dr. Don Curtis, DMDDr. Curtis has since been a professor at the University of California San Francisco since 1986. He has been involved in over 77 peer reviewed publications, contributed to a number of textbooks as well as writing some of his own, been involved in developing the Western Regional Examination Board and is an examiner for the American Board of Prosthodontics.
- Dr. Fadi HasanDr. Hasan obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from The University of Colorado, School of Dentistry in 2011. Afterwards, he completed a 3-year surgical residency in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry at the Virginia Commonwealth University in 2015. Dr. Hasan also teaches as an adjunct clinical assistant professor at Virginia Commonwealth University for the post graduate residency program.
- Dr. Graeme MilicichDr. Graeme Milicich was featured on episode 55 of the Dental Digest Podcast. He spends his time as an educator at the European Bio-Emulation International Think Tank, as well as the United State’s Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry (ABD). Dr. Milicich is a vanguard in the area of Minimal Intervention dentistry.
- Dr. Grant ChyzDr. Grant Chyz was featured on episode 58 of the Dental Digest podcast. He has consulted with 3M on many products, but most notably on the development of Filtek Supreme.
- Dr. Greg AsatrianDr. Greg is a board-certified orthodontist in Southern California. He completed his orthodontic residency in 2019 during which he served as chief resident in the Section of Orthodontics at the UCLA School of Dentistry. He received his doctoral degree from the UCLA School of Dentistry in 2016. He founded the Braces Explained channel on YouTube and The Braces Club on Facebook.
- Dr. Hend AlqaderiDr. Alqaderi is currently a lecturer and a part-time faculty at the Department of Oral Health Policy and Epidemiology at Harvard School of Dental Medicine. She mentors post and undergraduate students in their research. Dr. Alqaderi was formerly a director and a clinical supervisor of a 10-dental-chair clinic at the School Oral Health Program in Kuwait between 2008-2012.
- Dr. Jyoti SonkarDr. Grant Chyz was featured on episode 58 of the Dental Digest podcast. He has consulted with 3M on many products, but most notably on the development of Filtek Supreme.
- Dr. Kitrina CordellDr. Kitrina Cordell is the Chair of the Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Associate Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center School of Dentistry. She is a tripartite member of the American Dental Association, a Fellow of the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology and a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology.
- Dr. Liran LevinProf. Liran Levin is a professor of periodontology at the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Canada. He is also a visiting professor at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA. Prof. Liran Levin was the Head of Research at the School of Dentistry, Rambam Health Care Campus and Faculty of Medicine – Technion IIT Haifa, Israel.
- Dr. Manali VoraDr. Manali Vora is a dentist and an epidemiologist. Currently, she is a post-doctoral research fellow at the Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education at University of California, San Francisco and come July, she will be starting her Periodontics residency at University of Connecticut. During her time at UCSF, she has focused her research program on periodontal health outcomes and substance use
- Dr. Marc LazareDr. Lazare currently the President of the Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry. He earned the designation “Master” of the Academy of General Dentistry (MAGD), a title earned by less than 1% of the dentists in the U.S. He also is a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, a Fellow in the International Academy for Dental-Facial Esthetics and a Fellow in the Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry.
- Dr. Mark BisharaDr. Mark Bishara was featured on episode 56 and 57 of the Dental Digest podcast. He is the President and founder of the Canadian Implant Dentistry Network (CIDN), Canada’s largest dental implant community with over 13,000 members focused on advancing implant dentistry.
- Dr. Molly RosebushDr. Molly Rosebush is an Associate Professor in the Department of Diagnostic Sciences at LSU School of Dentistry in New Orleans, LA. She was formerly a member of the faculty at the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry for five years. She completed her DDS at the University of Michigan and a residency in oral and maxillofacial pathology at The Ohio State University.
- Dr. Nate Lawson, PhD, DMDDr. Nate Lawson is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Biomaterials at the University of Alabama. He has published 21 abstracts, 15 articles and 1 book chapter related to dental materials in the Fundamentals of Operative Dentistry textbook. He is also one of the cofounders of the popular Instagram account @dentinaltube. This account is followed by over 57k dental professionals.
- Dr. Paresh ShahDr. Paresh Shah was featured on episode 60 of the Dental Digest Podcast. Dr. Paresh Shah is the proud owner of Revive Dental at Westwood (formerly known as Westwood Dental Center). He is a dentist specializing in the field of esthetic dentistry through an interdisciplinary approach. He has nearly 30 years of experience working in private practice and holds more than 15 years of clinical knowledge using digital technology.
- Dr. Pascal MagneDr. Pascal Magne is known by many as one the founding pioneers in Biomimetic Dentistry. He is an Associate Professor at the University of Southern California (USC, Los Angeles) where he also serves as Director of the Center for Esthetic Dentistry. He is the author of the textbook “Bonded Porcelain Restorations” as well as over 100 research publications.
- Dr. Priya TirumalasettyDr. Setty became a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry in 2005. In 2014, Dr. Setty published an article about composite bonding in the Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry. In 2018, Dr. Setty became an Accredited Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Dr. Raphael WymannDr. Raphael Wymann is an experienced biomimetic dentist from Switzerland and received his dental education and degree from the very prestigious University of Berne. From there he opened a practice in Bern, Switzerland. He has been trained by some of the best biomimetic dentists in the field to include Pascal Magne, David Gerdolle, Ivo Krejci, Matt Nejad, Didier Dietschi and David and Davey Alleman.
- Dr. Rebecca BockowDr. Rebecca Bockow is not only a board-certified orthodontist, she’s also a board-certified periodontist. She is renowned for her international lectures on topics such as corticotomy-facilitated orthodontic therapy, interdisciplinary treatment planning to airway and sleep disorders as well as skeletal growth patterns. Dr. Bockow is an instructor at Spear education and also an affiliate professor at the University of Washington.
- Dr. Robert MarusDr. Marus is accredited by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He is one of five dentists in the state of Pennsylvania to receive this honor and one of 400 internationally. Dr. Marus lectures to dentists on techniques in cosmetic dentistry and has been published in national and international publications and has been a Dentistry Today Leader in CE since 2011.
- Dr. Ryan NolanDr. Nolan and his team created the Theban Publishing House. The Theban promise is to encourage and promote authorship, while providing the best author experience process. He has published the following articles: Remineralization Potential of a Novel Silver Nanoparticle Rinse on Severely Demineralized Enamel In-vitro: A 14-Day Trial. He founded Elementa – a company that harnesses silver nanoparticles to improve oral health.
- Dr. Salvatore LotardoDr. Salvatore Lotardo was featured on episode 49 of the Dental Digest Podcast. Dr. Lotardo currently serves as the President of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), and achieved his AACD Accreditation status in 2014.
- Dr. Sami SherifDr. Sherif finished dental school in London in 2003 and went to Harvard for five years to undertake a prosthodontic specialization and doctorate. During his residency, he lectured dental students and residents at Harvard. On graduating he was first an associate and then later an owner of a renowned dental practice on Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills.
- Dr. Sema BelliDr. Sema Belli is a leading researchers in the field of Biomemetic Dentistry. She has penned numerous articles highlighting dental reinforment fiber and its effects on various dental restorations. Dr. Belli and her team proved that Ribbond significantly increases the fracture strength, as well as the microtensile bond strength, when used as a liner for a deep restoration and/or a root canal treated tooth.
- Dr. Steven SchiffenhausDr. Schiffenhaus completed Dr. David and Davey Alleman’s Biomimetic Mastership program. He is the creator of the Biomimetic Advanced Adhesive Restorative Dentistry (BAARD) institute. Dr. Schiffenhaus received his Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Molecular & Cellular Biology from Arizona State University where he conducted research. He received his Doctorate in Dental Medicine at Midwestern.
- Dr. Steven Yarows, MD, FACP, FASHDr. Yarows is a well-respected physician in the Chelsea community with more than 30 years of experience in internal medicine. He is also a former adjunct Clinical Professor of Internal Medicine (Cardiovascular Division) at the University of Michigan. Dr. Yarows stresses preventive care while treating multiple, complex disease states and values the strong personal relationships he has with many long-term patients.
About Dental Digest
After your formal education and training as a dentist, it can become cumbersome to stay current on evidence-based dentistry.
For this reason Dr. Seibert created the Dental Digest Podcast. This dental podcast features pivotal researchers, professors and key opinion leaders that are advancing our profession. This learning platform quickly grew and received approval from the Academy of General Dentistry to provide dentists with valuable CE hours.
The momentum of the podcast evolved into Dental Digest Institute today. The podcast will always be free and accessible to anyone, but we can now offer you valuable continuing education hours.
If the science behind evidence-based dentistry gets you out of bed in the morning, you’re in the right place. If it doesn’t, stick around our community & you’ll catch our enthusiasm. Learning is one of our greatest gifts in life, and I hope you never stop grow as a clinician.