- Bergström J. Periodontitis and smoking: an evidence-based appraisal. J Evid Based Dent Pract. 2006 Mar;6(1):33-41. doi: 10.1016/j.jebdp.2005.12.018. PMID: 17138394.
- Warnakulasuriya S, Dietrich T, Bornstein MM, Casals Peidró E, Preshaw PM, Walter C, Wennström JL, Bergström J. Oral health risks of tobacco use and effects of cessation. Int Dent J. 2010 Feb;60(1):7-30. PMID: 20361572.
- Vora MV, Chaffee BW. Tobacco-use patterns and self-reported oral health outcomes: A cross-sectional assessment of the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health study, 2013-2014. J Am Dent Assoc. 2019;150(5):332-344.e2. doi:10.1016/j.adaj.2018.12.004
This lesson features Dr. Manali Vora, B.D.S., MPH. Content from this episode was derived from the cover story of the March 2019 issue of the Journal of the American Dental Association which Dr. Vora authored. In this episode Dr. Vora will discuss tobacco-use patterns and self-reported oral health outcomes. She will discuss different delivery systems available for tobacco consumption and the ramifications those systems have on the periodontium.
- Gain a better understanding of the different tobacco consumption behaviors
- Develop an appreciation for the deleterious effects tobacco products have on the periodontium
- Understand the different ways in which periodontitis presents as a result of different tobacco consumption patterns
- Lesson Length: 50 min
- CE credit: 0.75 hours
- Release Date: 3/8/20
- Review Date: 11/15/20
- Expiration Date: 11/15/23
Next Lesson →