- Renne W, Wolf B, Kessler R, McPherson K, Mennito AS. Evaluation of the Marginal Fit of CAD/CAM Crowns Fabricated Using Two Different Chairside CAD/CAM Systems on Preparations of Varying Quality. J Esthet Restor Dent. 2015;27(4):194-202. doi:10.1111/jerd.12148
- Mennito AS, Evans ZP, Nash J, Bocklet C, Lauer Kelly A, Bacro T, Cayouette M, Ludlow M, Renne WG. Evaluation of the trueness and precision of complete arch digital impressions on a human maxilla using seven different intraoral digital impression systems and a laboratory scanner. J Esthet Restor Dent. 2019 Jul;31(4):369-377. doi: 10.1111/jerd.12485. Epub 2019 May 6. PMID: 31058428.
- McPherson KR, Mennito AS, Vuthiganon J, Kritzas YG, McKinney RA, Wolf BJ, Renne WG. Utilizing self-assessment software to evaluate student wax-ups in dental morphology. J Dent Educ. 2015 Jun;79(6):697-704. PMID: 26034035; PMCID: PMC4740729.
- Latham J, Ludlow M, Mennito A, Kelly A, Evans Z, Renne W. Effect of scan pattern on complete-arch scans with 4 digital scanners. J Prosthet Dent. 2020 Jan;123(1):85-95. doi: 10.1016/j.prosdent.2019.02.008. Epub 2019 Apr 12. PMID: 30982616.
Dr. Anthony Mennito is a subject-matter expert in CAD/CAM dentistry. He will present his peer-reviewed literature articles related to CAD/CAM dentistry and conservative indirect restorations. Whether you’re a neophyte with CAD/CAM or you’ve been using it for years, this dental professor at the Medical University of South Carolina will definitely expand your knowledge base.
- Learn about how intraoral scanners compare to traditional impression materials
- Understand the variables that interfere with the efficacy of digital scanners
- Gain a basic understanding for how 3D intraoral scanners work
- Develop techniques for improving the quality of the 3D scan you capture
- Lesson Length: 1.25 hours
- CE credit: 1.25 hours
- Release Date: 5/25/20
- Review Date: 11/15/20
- Expiration Date: 11/15/23