- Manso AP, Carvalho RM. Dental Cements for Luting and Bonding Restorations: Self-Adhesive Resin Cements. Dent Clin North Am. 2017 Oct;61(4):821-834. doi: 10.1016/j.cden.2017.06.006. PMID: 28886770.
- Lawson NC, Litaker MS, Ferracane JL, Gordan VV, Atlas AM, Rios T, Gilbert GH, McCracken MS; National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Collaborative Group. Choice of cement for single-unit crowns: Findings from The National Dental Practice-Based Research Network. J Am Dent Assoc. 2019 Jun;150(6):522-530. doi: 10.1016/j.adaj.2019.01.021. Epub 2019 Apr 25. PMID: 31030937; PMCID: PMC6538426.
- Lad, Pritam P., et al. "Practical clinical considerations of luting cements: A review." Journal of international oral health: JIOH 6.1 (2014): 116.
This lesson features Dr. Nate Lawson, DMD, PhD. In this lesson Dr. Lawson will discuss his recent article published in the Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA) entitled “Choice of Cement for Single Unit Crowns.” This lesson will discuss topics related to restorative dentistry, fixed prosthodontics, dental ceramics and adhesive dentistry.
- Gain a generalized understanding for the difference between “bonding” and “cementing” a crown
- Develop a better understanding for different dental restorative materials available
- Obtain a grasp on the mechanism of adhesive dentistry
- Familiarity with the Practice Based Research Network
- Lesson Length: 51 min
- CE credit: 0.75 hours
- Release Date: 4/6/20
- Review Date: 11/15/20
- Expiration Date: 11/15/23